Friday, April 18, 2008

My Memory

I was chosen to undergo an experiment that wipes the mind clean of memories. The doctors told me that they could save one memory, for some odd reason, and I could pick it. This blog is about that one memory. That one memory that would be the only thing I kept in my mind for the remaining years I walk the earth. There is one memory that I always one that I have cherished. It is about my grandmothers fifty-ninth birthday and I had all of my family together. My family that lives in Georgia, I mean. . All of my mom's family was there, including my great-grandparents. My biological dad was there. I was six and my brother was four. I remember feeling happy and energetic. Also, I felt mad because Mom kept pestering me about letting Nana open her own gifts and that I needed to sit down on my pillow. I kept saying to myself that I would get away with it. I thought that I would go to bed with no punishment, which I did!

When I think about this memory, emotions run over me like jumping in an ice cold pool. I feel a sense of innocence, love, and pure joy. I didn’t know it, but I would soon loose two people out of the room. I felt that I didn’t have a care in the world. I thought the people around me would always be there and that thirteen looked a million miles away. My brother looked so small to me! He looked like a mouse!

After I loose the link of the past in my mind, I think that wasn’t that long ago. The truth is, I’m right! I was only a couple of years ago. I have loved this memory and thought of it in rough times. I think of how I must have looked to my family. The thing that kills me, though, is that some of my family doesn’t remember that memory at all! So, as time goes on I still cherish that memory and dream of it. I never get tired of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you need to add a bit more to it tripp