Saturday, January 19, 2008

In Animal Form

If I were to be an animal, I would be a tiger. There are many reasons for this. One is that tigers are powerful and strong. Another is that tigers are recognized as most popular of the great cats. “Tiger” is Greek for “Tigris” meaning arrow for there speed, which I am. Tigers are very strong because of there size and weight, which is an advantage. The tiger is known as “King of the Beasts” in other countries. This relates to me because I have lots of leadership skills. Tigers also have very strong jaws. I could tear open a cardboard box with mine! I remember the first time I went to the zoo and saw a tiger. From that point on I knew that’s what I wanted to be.


If I was to pick an animal for Mrs. Chapman, it would have to be an elephant. The elephant is a symbol of wisdom, in Asian cultures. This relates to her because she is very smart. Aristotle once explained elephants “to surpass all animals in wit and mind.” Many female elephant groups are lead by the eldest female. In other words, age is a good thing. Elephants are very social creatures, just like Mrs. C! Elephants are mostly gentle. There is only one exception, territory. If too many elephants get into a group, one elephant teaches the group a lesson. This is closely related to an over-crowded and loud classroom. They have VERY good hearing. They will even choose not to hear things at times. This is relating to her because she has selective hearing. Elephants are very emotional creatures. They can laugh and have a good time with other elephants as well. Elephants are very wise. The elephant is known, also, for its memory. It is said to never forget a thing. Mrs. Chapman has a very good memory and rarely forgets anything important.

2 Comments:

Jennifer said...

Well, I have to admit, when I first saw "elephant," I thought, "Lord, do I look THAT big?!" haha! I DO like the choice!

Mrs. C :)

Anonymous said...

At first I was worried when you gave Mrs. C the elephant, but I'm glad that you redeemed yourself. I thought that you might have lost a point over that one.